In just six working days, you can now have your passport processed starting October 1, 2018. This is a good news from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA). In his statement on the 73rd Session of the United Nation General Assembly, he said, this is one of their promise to President Duterte and to all Filipinos that they will give work hard for providing fast, efficient and secure passport services.
The six working days passport processing will start on Monday, October 1, 2018.
DFA Consular Office — Metro Manila
- Regular processing fee — P950 for 12 working days instead of 15 working days
- Express processing fee —P1,200 for six days from seven days
Outside Metro Manila
- Regular processing fee —P950 for 12 working days instead of 20
- Express processing fee —P1,200 for seven days from 10 days
Aside from this, the DFA is now working on reducing waiting time for passport applications at Philippine Embassies and Consulates General around the world from the current two months period.
Waiting time for applicants in securing online appointment slots is also shortened within at least two-weeks from two or three months last year.
According to Cayetano, this is the result of reforms that have been implemented since last year. These include the following;
- E-payment system
- An opening of at least 10,000 slots at 12 noon and 9 pm, Monday to Saturday except holiday.
- Increase the capacity for 20,000 passports per day from 9,500
Cayetano assures the public that DFA will continue to work hard to further improve the delivery of passport services as the center of DFA’s work.